Thursday, May 04, 2017

Slow Morning Long Night at the GOMH

The Sun coming over the horizon at the GOMH
4:30-7:00AM GOMH SE SW NE
Conditions: 39℉, Mostly sunny with fog, Very light N Wind, Water seems to have leveled off.
23.9" Glow Demon & Minnow
I thought maybe some silvers might show up in the morning seeing as how they didn't bite last night.  I spent an hour on the S side, not getting a bite.  I then moved to the NE side and quickly picked up the golden.  I also got this butterball.
16.75" Glow Demon & Minnow
I went back to the South side and picked up a couple of more jumpers and one toothy.  It was a calm and peaceful morning. I decided not to get more minnows seeing as how the last two trips went down.
The view of Sullivan


Evening Trip:
7:00-7:25PM Bulldog
7:30PM-3:30AM
Conditions: 54-40℉, Partly Cloudy, Calm,

First stop was at Bulldog Lake.  I got a couple bites with T.H.E. Jig.  One of them was a big fish that swirled on the Rocket Bobber.  I caught the one sunfish.  Pretty slow, so I headed to the GOMH.
No one was there when I arrived, but by the time I had my stuff down to the water on the SW side two guys showed up and started fishing the SE side.  Then Dad showed up.  The renters had put the dock in a couple weeks ago apparently.  I gave Dad the Cubby Rod and he fished off the bridge.  He missed the first four bites losing his minnow each time.  I caught a toothy on the Swim Shad.
22.5" Swim Shad
Dad had a silver on that got off.  That was it for the night for Dad.
That crappie was huge!!!
The guys on the other side started getting some silvers.  I started getting some silvers.
10.5" Glow Demon & Minnow
Lantern Man showed up and started fishing with me.  The other guys got a few more silvers and left. LM went over to the SE side.  I caught me an ultra rare rock bullhead.
7.75" Demon & Minnow
We were both getting an occasional silver.  A pontoon full of young bow fisherman went to the river, then went back to Platte.  They got so may dogs and carp they lost count.  They said there were a lot of good size bass in the river. I think I know where I am going to be on Opener morning.
The Bow Fishermen
Lantern Man packed up at midnight.  I was down to only 2 minnows at that point, but LM gave me what he had, a couple dozen maybe.  It was nice out and the fish were biting occasionally so I stayed.  I decided to head over to the SE side and was quickly rewarded with a bullhead bullhead.
11.5" Glow Demon & Minnow
Size increased on the SE side as did the frequency of bites.  Unfortunately I missed a lot of them.  With a certain size of minnow I could call my shot.  The owls were hooting, the loons calling, the frogs chirping with the muskrats.  I even got to see a few shooting stars.
11.75" Glow Demon & Minnow
The action slowed down so I went to the NE side to give it a try,  There was a toothy swimming around in the rocks that I could see.   Other than that nothing was going on. The moon went down and I was down to about 8 of the wrong size minnows, so I left.
12.5" Biggest of the night

A long, but fun night.

No comments: