Monday, May 22, 2017

A Couple Quality Bites Anyway

18.5" SBKO (Firetiger)
5:30-5:50PM GOMH NE SW
6:15-9:40PM In the Trophy
10:20-10:40 GOMH NE
Conditions: 58-48℉, Partly to Mostly Cloudy, Windy WNW turning calm, Water Temp 52℉

En route I decided to hit up the GOMH first tonight.  Just making sure they weren't there and they weren't other than this toothy.
23" Pure Poison/Swim Fluke Jr (Bluegill/GP)
I let my thumb get to close to it's mouth while taking it off  and the darn thing bit me.

Shows rash on back of the thumb it gave me
 I put a band aid on it.  I didn't get a hit on the SW side and I was off to the Trophy.  I didn't take any casts off the dock, but put the trolling motor down and headed West after not getting anything off of Sherman's dock.
14.5" Kinami Flash
I got this fish 3 docks down.  I got a 14" off of West Point on the bluegill Poison along with a couple of pike and a dink on the Kinami Flash.  From there I headed to the flat where I had the topwater action last Fall.  I started in the same place I did the other night.  My experiment of throwing a flat sided crank failed, to weedy.  One loon was getting harassed by another one and came towards me flying upon the water surface like they do sometimes.  It was calm here so I started throwing the Shower Blows Knock Off.  I got a pike on that that broke off one of the hooks on the back treble.  I chose to go East tonight and that paid off with some nice fish.
15.25" SBKO (Chart/hrng bone)
I then landed another pike on that Shower Blows knock off.  Shortly after that I landed it on top of a dock and cracked the back of the lure.  It started taking on water and then sinking.  I was able to get some of the water out.  I got a couple of dink by the docks on it (13.75, 10.5).  Then I got this gorilla that missed it's first attempt.  The lure sunk and then the fish was on.
17.66" SBKO (Chart/hrng bone)
 This loon came to investigate the water I just caught the fish out of.  Friendly guy.  He just sat there and looked at me for a while before finally diving and swimming off.  I decided I had enough of the lure sinking so I put on the firetiger and was rewarded.
18.5" SBKO (Firetiger)
 I had a few fish miss the lure and this crappie was the last bite of the night to get the lure.

12" SBKO (Firetiger)
I took this last pic when I backlashed and the line broke about a yard up from the lure.
I put on a real Ever Green Shower Blows and had one fish strike at that and miss it when I wasn't looking.  All my bites came before the flag and really it got to dark once I was on the other side of the flag.  I finally headed in at about 9:40PM.

I did check out the GOMH on the way home.  Matt W. and a friend of his were just starting to look for a rough fish to shoot when I got there.  They spotted a couple toothys and one possible small golden.  I didn't have any hits and didn't stay long.  There was no activity in the tube.

No comments: