Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Another Dink Fest At The GOMH This Morning

7" Shower Blows Knock Off (Firetiger)
5:45-8:15AM GOMH NE SE
Conditions: 56-59℉, Cloudy some light sprinkles as I left, Wind out of the NNW switching to NNE.  I switched to the SE side shortly after that.
10.5" Jerk Shad (Tomato)
 I was putzing around to much so I didn't get out of the house until 5:30AM.  When I arrived there was a truck already there.  It was a guy that was fishing the SW side on Opener.  He was on the SW side again and had been there about an hour.  He'd gotten a couple of jumpers.  I took my stuff down to the NE side.  As I was headed there the panfish guy pulled up with a buddy.  Didn't get a hit on the Piranha or X-Rap Shallow Shad.  I got a couple of quick dinks on the Jerk Shad and then decided getting them on topwater would be funner if they would go.
7" Shower Blows KO
They did! And I got a couple of toads as well.
16.33" Shower Blows KO (Firetiger)
19" Shower Blows
I was getting my bites out.  But I saw something get hit in the tube, so I went and cast to the area.  It took it swiping at the lure three times, but the 19" eventually hooked up, but just barely by the rear hook.  Fortunately I got her in.  It looked like she wasn't totally done dropping eggs yet to me.  4lber maybe a touch under.
16" Shower Blows
I even got a couple of dink toothys on the NE side as well on the SBKO.  I also got a 20.5" toothy on the bluegill Poison.  The panfish guy came over on the NE side.

The wind switched and  the bite had slowed down, so I went to the SE side.  I had a fish absolutely crush the SBKO on my fourth cast.  All I caught a glimpse of was some white.  I thought maybe it was a huge bass, but it wasn't.
23.75" SBKO
I managed to land it even though the Fireline was in it's mouth.  I quickly landed one more toothy and put the SBKO away. I got one last dink on the Gunfish 117 and missed a bite or two.  My back was starting to ache and it started to rain, so I left.

5 Toothy
20 Jumpers
Biggest Six (19, 16.33, 12.25, 12, 11.75, 11.75)

No comments: