Wednesday, May 24, 2017

A Productive Evening

17.25" Horny Toad (Black)
5:30-9:30PM Dock & Out in the Trophy on Platte Inlet Bay to Double Maidencaine Point
Conditions: 61-55℉, Mostly Cloudy, Wind ENE, Water Temp 56℉

I really should have gotten out sooner tonight, but I couldn't find where I put that Tyger Wire.  I took a few casts off the dock and got a pike on the Brovarney Jig on my last cast.

I headed to the Inlet Bay on the North end of the lake.  I started "Out" in the reeds in front of the inlet.  I did have a bass hit the Brovarney and get off on the way to the boat. After 15 minutes and nothing else I started heading in towards the shallow pads.  I got a pike that stole the boot off the Swim Fluke.  I then put Bass Pro Speed Shad on to see how that works.  I quickly got a pike on that.  I went in super shallow.  I then let the wind blow me down the North shoreline.  I went to the Horny Toad and had a 16-17" bass blow it up and pull off at the boat.  I then missed a promising blow up by the What In The Heck fallen pine tree.  I got a pike off the tree.  Then it was all pike for a while until I got to the first house.

There I missed a couple of promising blow ups.  Had a 17-18" jump and get off and got a 16.5 off of the tree along with a few pike.  I then blew to Double Maidencaine Point.  I got a few pike and one good bass on the way to the point on the Horny Toad.  One of the pike was a really good one that got off when it got hung up in the reeds.  As I got closer to the point I got another good bass.  I got a pike in shallow by the point.  Then a solid bass by the buzzbait stick.  I then went to the Maidencaine and got a 16 incher there on the Hack Jig.  I also missed a bite on the Hack Jig that almost pulled the rod out of my hand.  I quit fishing around 9:30.
One of the 16's

I think I might have found our starting spot

9 Bass
18 Pike

No comments: