Saturday, May 06, 2017

Really Slow Night At the GOMH

8" T.H.E. JIg (Blue/Chart)
6:00-11:30PM GOMH SE SW SE SW
Conditions: 65-52℉, Mostly Sunny to Partly Cloudy, Calm to a pretty good NE wind,  water level about the same.
13" 2" Swim Shad
I arrived at the GOMH and there was some on the NE side and a young guy and his girlfriend fishing off the bridge on the South side and there was a boat a ways out on the SE side.  There was more junk on the SW side and more baitfish activity on the SE side so that is where I went.  I got the 13" jumper right away. After about 10 minutes a guy a little older than me and his girl showed up on the SW side.  They started catching jumpers, then toothys, then some silvers.  The boat went just around the point on the SW side and spent the rest of the night there.  I saw them hauling in several fish throughout the evening. After about 35 minutes I went up to the car and got the long rod. I got an orange off to my left.
7" T.H.E. Jig
I got the 8" orange then a guy showed up and started fishing to my left.  I caught a toothy and one more orange.  Getting caught on the junk in the water was a huge problem.  The guy left after getting one silver, a jumper, a toothy, and maybe a couple of oranges.  The guy and lady left at about 8PM.  So I quickly grabbed my stuff and went over to the SW side.
I had a visitor that climbed up the hill going under my rods and commenced to snack on grass.  Silly rodent.
The two guys from the SE side the other night showed up just as I was getting started.  I caught three silvers on THE Jig and missed about 5 bites.  They started getting some silvers and oranges across the way. It came time for me to switched to the lighted bobber.  I missed several hits and got one silver on the Glow Demon.  The Buckman dad and daughter showed up and came down next to me.  It was there first trip of the year and was a bit of a cluster for them tracking down the necessities.  The fish shut off.  The guys on the SE side left so I went back over there.  Nothing.  Lantern Man showed up around around 10:30.  He got a silver on his very first cast.  He then got a bullhead bullhead.  I missed a hit. The Dad left at about 11PM having gotten nothing.  I went back to the SW side and got nothing.  Lantern Man got a couple of small silvers.  I called it quits at 11:30PM.

What a frustrating night, I should have taken the Trophy out.

No comments: