Sunday, May 07, 2017

Two Trips, 1 Silver & 1 Bull Bullhead

8.5" Wildeye Swim Shad
5:30-8:30AM GOMH NE SW SE
Conditions: 52℉, Cloudy, Very Light E Wind
I got out a little later than I wanted to.  I started out on the NE side and got a couple of bullheads before switching over to SW side.
18" Glow Demon & Minnow
On the SW side all I got was the wrong kind of bullheads again.
18" Panfish Chatterbait
 Only jumpers and toothys.  At least the toothys never broke me off.  I was the only person at the Old Man Hole this morning other than I boat.  I caught fish in every spot I fished, so there is that.

Evening Trip:
8:00-11:30PM GOMH NE SE
Conditions: 64-50℉. Mostly Sunny, Wind NE,

As I pulled up one of the two guys out of 3 guys fishing the SE side pulled in a dogfish which he released.  The S side was all covered up so I went to the NE side.  As I was getting set up a guy and his daughter set up on the NW side.  Nice Old Man George showed up.  I got a small toothy and the bull bullhead while he was there on the Swim Shad.  That bull was a true beast. George didn't want it so I threw it back. I got 1 more toothy and a couple of jumpers.
10.25" Glow Demon & Minnow
By 10PM everyone cleared out.  I switched to the SE side.  Right away I had something super small grab my minnow.  I almost landed it.  My minnow was still alive and kicking so I cast out to the same spot and got the one silver I caught.  I had a couple of other fish bite, but immediately spit the minnow before  could set the hook.  It was a nice night, but the fish just weren't going so I left at 11:30PM.

No comments: