Sunday, May 28, 2017

Bass Opener 2017 Day 2

I am publishing this one, because it doesn't really have anything to report.
14" Kinami Flash (Blue/gp tip)
7:30-9:30PM Across from the Platte Lake Access
Conditions: 60℉, Partly Cloudy with Thunderstorm to the South, SW wind,
Water Temp : 63-60℉

Do to thunderstorms coming through the area all afternoon I didn't get out until after 7PM.  I headed to the Point across from the public access on Platte.  It was a bit of a clown show tonight.  I started out with a Speed Clip giving way on a reed.  I did recover the Grass Pig and put a Power Clip on.  I had one of the claws get bit off the Craw Fatty.  I snagged the Horny Toad on a tree in the water.  A lot of the cattails are dead for some reason.  I had a pike miss the Horny Toad.  I got a couple of 14 inchers on the Kinami Flash.  Conditions were pretty ideal blowing in on that stuff, but nothing was there.  I decided the smart way to play it  was to get the sun out of my eye and drift with the wind, so I went to that inlet and started drifting back.  The water is to shallow and there was nothing in it but a few carp.  I missed a couple of hits when I got back to the cattails.  I also had some thing on that stole the other craw of the craw Fatty in the maidencaine.  Kind of a lousy trip, but I did eliminate some water.

2 Pike
2 Bass (14.5, 14)

For the Weekend
19 Bass
15 Pike

No comments: