Friday, May 19, 2017

Nice Sunrise Slow Fishing & Evening Trip







5:15-7:30AM GOMH NE SE
Conditions: Low 40's, Mostly Cloudy, Light to moderate ENE wind, Water is still clearing up.

As you can see from the pictures it was a beautiful sunrise today. Action was slow.  The panfish guy was there and getting a few oranges.  I had a nice jumper jump me off on the white Piranha just as I was bringing it out from the tube.  I got a couple toothys on the Chart Shad Jerk Shad on the NE side.  And had a few hits on topwater not hook up.
9.5" SBKO

15" Paycheck Baits Transporter Frog 
I got the one dink and the 15" on the SE side with a few misses on topwater and I lost a good one on the craw tube.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evening Trip
Got Cha
5:30-8:00PM GOMH SE NE, Lake Place Dock, Bulldog Access
Conditions: Low 50's, Partly Cloudy, Very Windy NE

16" Transporter Frog
Man was it windy.  I was lucky to get the one topwater fish on the Transporter on the SE side.  I also had something small hit at the Gunfish 117 a couple of times.  I switched to the NE side and picked up 3 quick toothys on the H2O LCR lipless crank.  The wind was such that I thought I should make sure my boat was ok.  It was.  I think some might have resecured it for me.  I had several pike hit at the Piranha.  Then on one cast my line broke.  Don't know what happened because I don't think it broke at the bait.  I eventually went to bulldog where the wind was howling in at the access.  I got three bass there.
14" Poison/Swim Fluke jr (white/red)
I was getting chilled so I left.

No comments: