Saturday, April 11, 2015

Panfish Chatterbait Ends Drought

15" Panfish Chatterbait w/minnow
6:30-9:00PM
Conditions: Warmer, breezy out of the SSE, mostly sunny.

I re-organized some rods today.  Took the Panfish Chatterbait off of my small panfish rod and put it on my Loomis 782 GLX spinning rod.  I put a new Wing-It Bobber on the Cubby Rod and on my small panfish rod with a Glow Demon.

When I arrived at the GOMH tonight I was surprised no one was there fishing from shore.  There were two boats on the S side and one taking off on the N.  I  went down on the SW corner and discovered it was darn windy.  One of the boats left.  I didn't get anything and went to the NE side.  I think I had a really small pike on for a couple seconds.

Around 7PM I left to try at Rock.  I started by throwing my Panfish Chatterbait tipped with a minnow.  It wasn't easy to throw in the wind, but I managed to get 3 bass on it (15",14",12.5").  The wind calmed down a little and a guy and girl came and fished for about 10 minutes.  He had gotten a pike at the GOMH.  I had what I assume was a pike break off a Cubby about 5 minutes after the couple left.  I might have had one bite when using the lighted bobber, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

No comments: