Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Prepare to Stay Late For Silver

10" Glow Demon w/minnow
5:30-11PM
Conditions: Temps in the 60's, windy out of the SE diminishing around sunset

I cleaned fish and brought them to Jenny, but not before stopping at Bear Trax to get more minnows.  I  arrived at Rock Lake around 5:30PM and there was a guy just sitting in his pick up.  I fished for half an hour and didn't get anything so I left.

I was shocked that no one was at the GOMH, no boats, nobody from shore.  I set up on the SW side and quickly got a small jumpin' bullhead on the Panfish Chatterbait tipped with a minnow.  It then got really slow.
Two heron's flew in from Platte Lake.  One went in the tree.
It wasn't until around 7:45 before I got bit again.  I quickly got 2 small toothies and a jumper within a fifteen minute span.
15.25" Cubby Mini-Mite w/minnow

17" Cubby Mini-Mite w/minnow
I was just about ready to leave at 9PM when I got the first silver bullhead pulled down my lighted bobber, it was a 9.5 incher.  I didn't think to take it's picture.  The 10" on the top of this post was the second one I caught.  I missed a bite due to talking with my mom on the phone.  My next bite wasn't much
6" Glow Demon w/minnow
I got 6 silvers total before I decided to leave at around 11PM.  The key was fishing close in to the rocks and letting them take it.  I didn't miss nearly as many bites as last night.  Here is my biggest of the night, all fish released.
11" Glow Demon w/minnow

No comments: