Monday, April 13, 2015

Silver Bullheads Arrived

10.5" Glow Cubby w/minnow
5:30-10:15PM
Conditions: Sunny, temps in the High to low 50's, Windy out of the NW diminishing to nothing after dark

I started my evening with a quick stop at Bulldog that didn't yield anything.  Next I went to Rock, staying until 7PM.  I got this 17" bass on the Panfish Chatterbait with a minnow.  I also lost about a 16" right t the dock and a small pike all on the PC.
17" Panfish Chatterbait w/minnow
I arrived at the GOMH and there was one truck there with 2 people fishing on the SW side.  I took up to SE side.  They got a jumpin' bullhead and I got a 22" toothy bullhead on the PC.  There were minnow dancing on the surface occasionally on my side.  It was starting to get dark and they got another jumpin' bullhead.  My bobber went down and I landed the first silver bullhead of the year.  I had another bite that I missed that I'm pretty sure was another one.  Those guys left.  I fished until about 9:30 than switched sides.  The wind died around 9PM.  I was just about to leave when I got another silver (10").  I think I had one more bite that I missed but it wasn't very crappie like as the bobber went zooming off.  I left at 10:15PM.  The sky was so clear the view of the stars was amazing.

No comments: