Sunday, April 19, 2015

Morning GOMH Trip

Christmas Lake Guy Gets a Nice Jumper
6:00-9:30AM
Conditions: Sporadic sprinkles, cloudy, wind out of the E SE, on the cool side with temps in the mid 40's.

I thought more rain was going to make this into just a quick morning trip but it just sprinkled for brief periods.  I got a couple jumpin' bullheads when Local Walleye Guy showed up.  Despite being out in his boat numerous times he hadn't caught a crappie yet. Sure enough he got two silvers and a jumper before he got cold and left.  While he was still there I got a small toothy on T.H.E. Jig w/ minnow on my long panfish rod.  I had a big jumper jump me off on THE Jig, about 10 minutes before Christmas Lake Guy and his daughter showed up.  They fished for about half an hour in which time he caught that 4lber in the picture and I got a 14" on THE Jig.  After they left I fished for about another half hour missing one bite.  I was cold now so I was getting my stuff ready to go two guys in T-shirts showed up to fish.  I thought they were nuts.  I got in the car and it wouldn't start.  I got confused if the noise it was making was from the battery being low or not.  I thought maybe the starter had gone out with the clicking noise it made.  I couldn't call my parents who were at Church.  As I was thinking what I should do the two guys were leaving after only being there for 15 minutes.  I asked them if they lived to the South, which they did and they took me home.  Turns out it was just a low battery, not sure if I left the lights on or what.  Nobody was fishing when we fetched it.  

No comments: