Saturday, April 18, 2015

Rock, Bulldog, GOMH

10.5" Cubby Mini-Mite w/minnow
7:00PM-3:00AM
Conditions: Comfortable, stars in the sky few clouds, calm to a slight wind late out of the NE.

I started at Rock Lake and didn't get a bite.  I left there at almost 8PM and on a whim went to bulldog.
I had some little sunfish pulling on the Cubby and I caught one of them.
I only stayed about 15 minutes then headed to the GOMH.  From the cars it looked like it would be packed, but it was mostly friends of Peter just hanging out.  I gave Peter a very belated birthday present of a Berkley Frenzy Popper, Paycheck Baits Repo Man, and Stanley Phantom all new in package.  He said somebody caught a dogfish.  While we were talking the people who were down on the SW side got up and left.

I quickly excused myself, pulled the car up into the vacated spot, and got my stuff down to the SW side.  I caught the silver pictured at the top of this post almost immediately.  I gave it to one of Peter's friends.  About 5 minutes later I got another one which I also gave to Peter's friend.  It got dark enough that I needed to get the lighted bobber which was up in the truck.  Lantern Man showed up and came and fished next to me seeing as that there were bullhead fisherman on the SE side.  I switched to Glow Demon rod and had silver swallow it.   I had to have Peter's friend get the hook out.  It kind of slowed down at that point.  Lantern Man was out on Thurs night and got his limit, which he had for dinner.  We would get a bite every so often.  My fish coming in close and his coming farther out.  The bullhead fisherman were pulling them in constantly.  I took about 20 minutes off of fishing when I called Pete.  LM moved to the SE side when the bullhead fishermen left.  With a little help from me LM had his limit by 12:30.  From then on it was just me and the muskrats and frogs.  I got into a pretty good rhythm catching them when I ran into some major line issues.  I ended up losing most of my Power Pro.  I only got one more silver after that.  I caught 28 silvers total from 8" to 12".

No comments: