Sunday, April 19, 2015

Wet Night At the GOMH

11" Glow Demon w/minnow
9:30PM-1:00AM
Conditions: No rain, light rain, moderate rain, wind out of the E NE

I got a late start tonight.  When I arrived the bullhead fishermen were on the SE side again.  Lantern Man's son and a buddy were fishing the North side for bullheads, and Lantern Man, the guy Lantern Man had a disagreement with over party fishing years ago who now works with LM and that guy's, brother and quick witted nephew with a headlamp as bright as a cars headlights were fishing on the SW side.  LM hadn't been there very long.  The other party had gotten there about 7:30 as near as I can figure.  I kept the fishing gear in the car and stood down there and shot the bull with them until they left around 11PM.  By that time the bullhead fishermen had left and LM son took over the SE side.  The action had been pretty slow for the most part on silvers.  I caught 2 right away which I gave to LM.  LM lost a golden bullhead as he was bringing it up on the rocks.  The bullheads across the way were going pretty good.  I got two more silvers which helped LM fill out.  They all left around midnight.  I didn't get a bite for about 45 minutes and rain was starting to soak through on the back of my left leg.  I was just about to leave when I got good silver, about 10 minutes later I got another and called it a night.

6 Silvers

No comments: