Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Windier, Colder, Less Snow

12.75" THE Jig w/minnow 
7:30-9:15PM
Conditions: Even windier (NW) and colder (33) than last night, snow was bit lighter.  I dressed warmer tonight wearing long john's, winter boots, and 3 pairs of socks.

The cold weather must have backed them out pretty good cause all I got tonight were two bites, probably the same fish;  I missed it the first time, put the minnow back in the same area and caught the second bite about 5 minutes later.  I was relieved not to get skunked.  I had been there about 45 minutes at that point.  The guy who rents our lake place had stopped and got to see me catch it.  He left and about 5 minutes later I had a major double cluster in my fishing line.  I'm going to have to respool both my long panfish rod and my night fishing panfish rod.  I could see the moon and stars in the western sky in a large break in the clouds when I left.
The Flash captures snow pellets reflections 
When I turned off the flash.
I took these pictures when I thought I was going to be skunked.  

No comments: