Friday, April 03, 2015

Rock Fishing

(Click to Enlarge)
4:15-7:15PM at Rock 7:30-9:00PM at the GOMH
Conditions: Cool, mostly sunny, wind out of the NW so I was protected at Rock

I had minnows on my mind, so I forgot the wax worms at home tonight.  Fortunately they had minnows at Bear Trax.  I set up shop at Rock Lake today.  I had a pike bite off my Cubby minnow to start the action.  I switched to the long rod with a Rocket Bobber and a chart/orange T.H.E. Jig with a minnow.  I quickly got a bass on that.
15.25" T.H.E. Jig w/minnow
 About 15 minutes after that I got this pike.  I didn't even notice it was spitting eggs until I cropped the picture.
25" T.H.E. Jig w/minnow
That was all the bites I had.

I went to the GOMH and Mike B. was there.  He missed one toothy bullhead that cut him off.  He left at about 7:45pm.  I stayed until 9PM and didn't have a hit.

With ice going off on Platte today.  I'm going to have to go into Onamia to get my boat stickers next week.  The Trophy will definitely be in the lake this year.

No comments: