Sunday, April 05, 2015

It Got Chilly Tonight

4:15-8:00PM
Conditions: Overcast, cool/cold with wind out of the ENE.  Water flowing into Platte, except the last hour when the flow got back to normal.

The wind was such that I didn't even try Rock Lake tonight;  With it being out of the ENE I  wouldn't have been able to get any casting distance and with temps only getting into the mid forties I would have chilled down much faster then I did.  I set up on the SW side of the GOMH.  The guy who lives on Christmas Lake who helped us when we had the tornado stopped.  While we were talking I got a bite from a good jumpin bullhead on the Cubby .  It was heading for the weeds so I put pressure on it and my line broke.  That was the only bite I had tonight.  Two boats came in from Platte and fished for a bit then left.  Two different pairs of guys also came and fished for a bit.  They didn't get anything.  As the second pair was leaving C.O. Kuske showed up;  that was around 7:30PM.  I only talked to Kuske for a couple of minutes.  No fishing reports other than the one I gave him.  I was kind of surprised how light it was out at 8PM, when I decided to quit.  I guess you could say I haven't been paying attention to when it has been getting dark this past week.

It looks like the weather this week is going to be cold and wet.  We definitely can use some rain.

No comments: