Saturday, April 18, 2015

No Silvers or Dogfish

Not the dogfsh I was hoping for.
(17.5" White Crawtube) 
6:00-7:30AM
Conditions: Sunny, 46 degrees, breezy out of the NE

I was up and the sun was coming up, so I went back to the GOMH.  I actually went to the GOMH, Bulldog, Bear Trax for more minnows and back to the GOMH.  On the first trip to the GOMH the only bite I got was the fish in the picture (NE side).  I tried for silvers first, but they were gone.  I did see a couple of really small orange bullheads along the rocks. Amazingly I didn't get a single jumper on the S side the first trip.  I got the 17.5 incher on the NE side.  Bulldog was dead.  I went back to the GOMH again and got a couple more jumpers, but on the SE side this time.  As I was packing up to leave Christmas Lake Guy showed up pulling his boat.  I filled him in on how I did last night and this morning.  He told me that the ramps on Sullivan haven't been fixed yet and the docks aren't in yet.  I just assumed since Rock Lake was done that Sullivan was as well.  I really hope they get on that before Opener.


No comments: