Thursday, April 02, 2015

Open Water At Rock And More Bullheads at the GOMH

Surprise Golden Bullhead
7:00-8:45PM
Conditions: 50 degrees or so, some sun and clouds, windy out of the W

I got a late start tonight.  First, I drove by Bulldog to find it about 60% open.  Then I decided to check on Rock Lake which was 50-60% open.
(Click Pictures to enlarge)
Rock Lake Access Needs Repaired.  Hopefully the DNR will be on it, like they were the last time this happened.  The NE access at Sullivan is pushed up as well.
Looking to the North
Looking South
There was a strip of open water separating ice on the North of the lake and ice on the south of the lake from shore to shore.  It was really windy but the wind was out of the W so it was protected and somebody was home.
20" Cubby Mini-Mite w/Wax Worm
I stayed until about 8PM.  Then I drove North Platte Lake Road and to the public access at Platte to check ice out conditions.  I would say it was 75 to 80% ice free and I'm calling ice out day tomorrow even though I could have driven a boat from Jenny's to the launch ramp today.

As I was driving back past the GOMH, I decided to stop.  What could it hurt, right?  I was shocked when my bobber went down on my very first cast.
14.75" Cubby Mini-Mite w/Wax Worm
A couple minutes later I had another bullhead on.
21" Cubby Mini-Mite Wax Worm
I wanted to get home to watch Vikings, so I headed out at about 8:45PM.

No comments: