Monday, April 20, 2015

Wind, Cold, and Snow

10.25" THE Jig w/minnow
Note- Blogged at 3am on the 22nd
5:45-8:45PM
Conditions: Windy out of the NW, cold 37 degrees down to 34, and it started snowing pretty good by the time I left.  It snowed off and on in various intensities on and off the whole time.

I wasn't gonna go, but the lure of probably having the Grumpy Old Man Hole all to myself was too much and I decided to go.  I put on my whole Arctic Armor suit and wore an extra pair of socks.  I should have worn boots and put on long johns.  Much to my delight when I arrived nobody was there fishing, but would there be bullheads.  I pretty quickly discovered that yes there would be getting a couple of jumpers on the Panfish Chatterbait.  I then got this toothy.
22" Panfish Chatterbait
I switched up to Cubby and minnow under a bobber and got a couple jumpers on that before I had some thing pretty good sized break my line.  I switched to my long panfish rod with the Rocket Bobber and T.H.E. Jig with a minnow. I got this jumper.

17" THE Jig w/minnow
I took numerous pictures trying to get it all in the screen, but was unable to do it.  I must have accidentally zoomed it in a little bit.  The picture I used was with me holding it closer to the camera, so it ended up looking like a 20" plus fish.  I got a couple more descent jumpers on THE jig.  It was getting dark and I was getting cold and wet when I got the one and only silver.  I only fished for about 20 minutes after getting it.  Nobody else came to fish the whole time I was there.

No comments: