Monday, April 27, 2015

Bulldog & Bullheads

8.25" Cubby Mini-Mite
6:00-11:45PM
Conditions: Warmer (70), little to no wind, sunny.

I started at Rock Lake and didn't get a bite so I bailed just before 7PM.
Typical Bulldog Potato Chip
18.5" Cubby w/waxie
7-8:45PM Bulldog
I caught several smallie sunnies about 3 nice one's (11 total missing more than I caught) and 6 bass from 13 to 18.5" inches all on the Cubby sometimes tipped with a waxie. I had a beaver come and bother me for a bit or I would have caught more fish.
11.25" Glow Demon w/minnow

20" Toothy Bullhead

20.5" Golden Bullhead
9:00-11:45PM
When I arrived at the GOMH there was a couple guys on the NE side, a guy and his girlfriend on the SW side, and a guy who knew my name on the bridge.  He told me his name, but I don't remember what it was,  Pretty sure he's a friend of Peter.  They had gotten some orange bullheads and a couple toothies.  I went down on the SE side.  Everybody left and I broke off my Cubby on the log.  I moved to the SW side.  I was just about ready to leave at 9:50PM when I caught a small silver (8.75").  I caught a couple more in the next half an hour.  At about 11:15PM I got the toothy.  I had to retie so I did the Cubby rod as well.  Since it was so slow I decided I was on my last minnow when I got the golden bullhead.  It was a beautiful night with a couple of loud owls hooting at each other, the frogs making a racket and the moon more than half way to full.

No comments: