Thursday, May 22, 2014

This Morning GOMH Trip

19.75"
5AM-9AM
Condtions- Clear, Cool 40°F to start this morning up to 50 or so by the time I left.

I started on the NE side naturally.  I was fishing on the rocks not having any luck in my usual spots, so I cast back behind myself when that 19.75" fish hit my swamp gas Grass Pig. Next I got a couple of small jumpin' bullheads in my usual spots, then I cast back out towards where I got the golden and I got this chunky golden bullhead.
18" and Fat
 A couple of small jumpin bullheads later and I landed this cigar, which went back.
15.5"
With the clear skies it got light out much quicker than yesterday.  I was on the SW side about the time I caught my golden yesterday.  Jumpin bullheads were active on that side.  After my second toothy I went to exchange rods.  I worked by sides and up on the bridge.  Things slowed, when Josh who I met yesterday showed up sometime probably after 6AM.  Another guy showed up and fished with me down on the SW side.  He was trying for panfish.  I put on a .75oz red/chart craw colored Red Eye Shad and bombed it way out there with my Lamiglas 735 and had this toothy bullhead hit it on the very first cast.
18"
I got toothies on 2 of my next ten casts or so.  Josh had gone to the other side by this time.  He came back after getting a toothy and a few jumpers on the other side got nothing and left.  I went to the North side and got 1 small jumper.  I came back an got 1 last small jumper on an Xcaliber X75, while trying several of my new rattlebaits.  I also got fish on both of the Brovarney Jigs I threw yesterday.

No comments: