Sunday, May 25, 2014

Even Slower Morning at the GOMH

20" Aruku Shad
4:40-9:00AM
Conditions- Carbon copy of yesterday with the sun warming things up quicker.

I don't know what has the fish all screwed up.  The warming temps, falling water or both, but the fishing stinks.  I arrived this morning just after Josh showed up.  He was down on the NE side and hadn't gotten anything yet.  While I was getting my gear a boat came and parked just inside of the closest buoy on the North side.  I thought that was strange.  I set up on the SW side.  I heard a couple get caught on the other side.  The guy who fished worms from yesterday showed up just a little after 5AM.  I got a 15" jumper on the Grass Pig shortly after he arrived.  Next I got a 19" toothy on the Grass Pig.  A guy showed up and fished next to me with a Lindy Rig.  I think I got a toothy on the Pure Poison and I got one for sure on the Aruku Shad.  I tried a bunch of different lures, but nothing was working.  The two guys left.  I got another small toothy on the Grass Pig while fishing off the bridge.  I offered it to a guy who was fishing on the NW side and he didn't want it.  He had gotten a few bass, so I switched sides.  I got one 22" toothy on the same BPS Crank as yesterday and had a toothy swipe at a couple of baits.  I left and tried the culvert, nothing there.  Same for Bulldog.  We are getting the Trophy out of the Pole Barn today, which means I may be in the boat tomorrow morning.

No comments: