Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Morning with Pat The Cook

11.5"
Conditions: Windy and Cool

This morning I was slow getting out of bed and it cost me.  I didn't get to the GOMH until about 10 after 6AM.  The Cook was there and had 6 or 7 fish.  I found out his name is Patrick.  He landed a couple of jumpin bullheads.  I hooked into a good one that took me into the reeds along shore and I ended up breaking off.  I was lucky to get my rocket bobber back.  I got 1 silver bullhead on the Cubby then things went completely dead.  I tied on a chart/white T.H.E. Jig and fired up a school of silver bullheads.  I got 3 and The Cook got his limit fish as fast as we could throw out, then they were done.  I think I got 1 jumper on THE jig.  Lantern Man showed up and left.  He now knows it is me who posts about the Grumpy Old Man Hole and he told me to stop doing it.  My compromise is to only post here at the Log Blog which hardly anyone reads until fishing season opens.  Pat left and I missed a couple bites on THE Jig.  Same thing as last night long casts and the wind.  I tried for some Dogfish with a Grass Pig for a while and got one jumper and one toothy who spit up a 3" shiner.  I left a 9AM.

No comments: