Friday, May 16, 2014

Even Slower Evening at the GOMH

Fished from 7:45-10:00PM
Conditions- Temp in the high 40's, light west wind, most sunny to partly cloudy

When I arrived they were putting in the channel buoy's on the Platte Lake side.  They couldn't find the holders for 4 of the bases.  There was only one car on each of the South side. I talked with a guy who was walking his dog, he was going to come down early Saturday morning.  There were two boats out and a guy and his gal on the SE side, and the Dad and daughter on the SW side.  He said it had been awful slow.  A couple of jumpin bullheads and his daughter got some orange bullheads.  Local Walleye guy was out in his boat getting a few oranges.  I started on the NE side and I got a toothy bullhead right away on the Brovarney Jig/Grass Pig Jr. combo.
20.5"
I had one more hit on that side when I switched to a an orange brown Brovarney Jig/Havoc Devil Spear combo.  It very easily could have been the same fish hitting again. I then went to the South side.  I had a hit while fishing on the SE side.  It might have been a dogfish as a guy caught one in the same area I lost the bite I had.  I got one last hit at around 9:45PM while I was jigging for golden bullheads.  I am sure the warm weather we are going to get starting tomorrow should perk the fish up.

No comments: