Sunday, May 25, 2014

Bet on Mille Lacs- Lost Again

23" Swamp Gas Grass Pig
7:30-10:15PM
Conditions- Warm mostly cloudy and a bit of wind out of the West.

Well instead of getting the Trophy ready, not knowing if I would be able to take it out tomorrow because of possible thunder storms all day I decided to take a chance on smallies being at Eddy's.  They weren't.  I got checked by a game warden and talked with a guy fishing with his son who fishes there fairly often.  He hasn't gotten any smallies there yet this year.  He did get some last year though.  I did rescue a sucker that got caught in a little spot in the rocks.  I left at around 8:40PM.  I decided that hitting the Whitefish Chain outlet gave me a good chance of catching a bass so I headed there.  The mosquito's were huge and thick.  I did manage the one pike.  I was quickly off to the GOMH.  Pretty much the daytime people were all gone replaced by people that had just arrived.  I went to talk with the wader guy and his buddy on the NE side.  He got one keeper golden while I was there and I'm pretty sure there was another fish in the bucket that he lied about saying they had just gotten there and not caught anything yet.  I did go down and fish on the SW side because a boat was parked practically on the steps on the SE side.  One guy got two genuine bullheads. I left at 10:15AM.

No comments: