Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Better Morning at the GOMH

16"

18.5"

23.75"

Conditions- Humid, with temps near 60 and clouds and calm turning sunny with a mild breeze out of the NE and reaching close to 70°F by the time I left.
4:45-10 AM

NE Side
I started off the morning with 2 golden bullheads and a 15" jumpin bullhead that wrecked my Grass Pig, so I switched to the Ripple Shad.  I cast way up under the bridge and had a hit on what felt like a good fish.  When bringing it in it got hung up on something that wouldn't move, but when I would give it slack I could feel the fish was still on.  I went up on the brigde and played with trying to free it from there.  It was stuck just outside from under the bridge.  Eventually the fish freed it's self and I landed the 23.75".  I let it go along with the 16".  It was pretty light out by this time so I went to the SW side.

SW side
I got a 15.75" jumper and 24.25" toothy on the Ripple Shad.  The toothy got hooked in the tongue/gills and wasn't going to make it, so I kept it.  I got one squeeker of a keeper on the Pure Poison.  I then started throwing a River2Sea Yabbie and it wasn't long and I was getting some action on it.
1st Fish on a Yabbie

1st Yabbie Fish
 Many of the fish showed signs they had been spawning.  I also got some quality jumpers on a black/blue Tonka Tackle craw tube.  I went back to the NE side just before the sun came out and got my biggest jumper of the day.
Yum Yum Yabbie
17.25"
 I got a few toothies on the Yabbie and lost a good sized one that was probably around 26" or 27."  I started messing around with various square bills, maybe a bump or two but no fish caught.  I got my last fish of the day on a watermelon red craw tube.  Willard showed up, but the toothy and golden were already spoken for.   He arrived about 20 minutes to late.

Well fishing got better, so there is that.

No comments: