Thursday, May 08, 2014

Rainy Short Night at the GOMH

12.75"
Conditions: On and off rain and wind with it thundering near by.

I didn't get out of the house tonight until around 7PM and I had to drop of fish at Jenny's so that held me up a bit as well.  I arrived at around 7:30PM and the whole South side was covered.  The guy from Wahkon was there and I probably could have joined him on the SW side, but I chose to fish off the bridge.  A young guy started casting a shad rap next to me.  I told him that wasn't a wise thing to be throwing at this place before opener.  He made a comment about it being a stupid law and I agreed with him.  It started to rain heavier and I took everything back to the truck.  The people who were on SE side all left, so I headed over there.  I got a silver and while I was trying to get a grip on him my line broke, so I switched to the long rod.  I got a lot of bites on THE Jig, but my hook setting left a lot to be desired.  I did get one that was big enough to give to the guy from Wahkon and a few that were short of 9".  I did get one nice that I took home. Shortly after getting that fish it started raining harder and there was a fairly close lightening strike, so I was out of there.

No comments: