Friday, May 16, 2014

Slow Morning at the GOMH

20" Grass Pig
4:35-7:05AM
Conditions- A little cooler than yesterday with temps in the lower 30's and fairly light west wind.  It was partly to mostly cloudy, with just a little bit of moonlight when it was still dark.  The cool weather we've been having seemed to finally shut them down.

This morning I took two rods to start, Grass Pig rod and a rod for crankbaits.  I started on the NE side again and got nothing on the Grass Pig.  I switched to a firetiger Frenzy crank and had something bump it but not hook up.  After throwing that for a while I went back to the Grass Pig and had something grab it but not hook up.  Eventually I tied on a silver Frenzy, and had something bump that and not hook up.  I eventually went to the SW side as it was getting light out.  I got nothing there so I went back to the N side and got the toothy bullhead in the picture on a Grass Pig.  I got two jumpin bullheads on the Grass Pig on the SE side.  The guy who lives by Christmas Lake who knows my Dad showed up trying for silvers.  He didn't get any and left for work.  It was obviously not happening today and I played with the idea of going to Mille Lacs, but ultimately decided against it when it seemed to be getting cloudier. I left at 7:05AM

No comments: