Thursday, May 15, 2014

Good Morning at the GOMH

16.5"
4:45AM to 7:45AM
Conditions- Temps were in the mid-30's and there was some wind out of the NW and it was partly cloudy to mostly cloudy..  I didn't get cold at all.

After last nights trip I was raring to go and the fish were not shut off by the cold night.  I went down to the NE side first and had a fish nail my grass pig on my very first cast, but it got off.  I also had a hit on my second cast then nothing.  I only brought down one rod with me, so after trying up on the bridge I switched to the South side.  A guy showed up about 5 minutes after 5AM so I went down to the SW side where I got my first golden bullhead of the day, before the guy came down and joined me on the SW side.  He was trying for silvers.  After about 10 minutes with no more hits, I switched to the SE side.  I got nothing there, so I went back to the NE side and promptly got another golden bullhead.
19.5"
That was my last golden bullhead of the morning.  After I got two 15.5" jumpin' bullheads in a row I went back to the SE side and got a 3rd 15 jumpin bullhead on the Grass Pig.  At that point I went up to the car and got more rods out and went back to the NE side.  I started throwing a green pumpkin/chartreuse Brovarney Swim Jig with a swamp gas 3.5" Grass Pig Jr.  I started catching bullheads including 3 toothy one's.
21"
I also got a fourth toothy on a standard size swamp gas Grass Pig.  I also threw the firetiger D & M Baits Piranha and a firetiger Ripple Shad, but all I was getting now were jumpers.  I decided to leave at 7:45AM.

No comments: