Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Morning and Evening GOMH Trips

1st Bullhead of the Morning 15.5" Ripple Shad
4:45-10AM
Conditions: Clear, Sunny, light winds to calm

NE Side
I got the jumpin bullhead in the picture right away on the Berkley Powerbait Ripple Shad.  Then it slowed down.  I put on a Frenzy Minnow and caught a Rippin Rap.
The hooks looked OK, so I put it on.  Immediately I had a fish hit it and get off.  I had that happen two more times, when I got a fish that really wanted it.

17"
It took quite a while for me to get it out of the fishes mouth.  That was it for the time being on the NE side, so I headed to the SW side.

I picked up 3 quick jumpers on a Pure Poison with a Craw Fatty trailer and I got this and one other on the Yabbie.
16.76"
I got several jumpers as well on a Tonka Tackle craw tube, including a 15.25" and 16.5".  Then the toothies started trying to steal my Yabbie.

I got 4 of them total on it between the S and N sides.  The Yabbie body finally came off when I got snagged on something.  I did get one small one on the KVD Dawg as well as a couple more jumpers and one toothy on the NE side on the craw tube.  A guy had what he said was a big bass break his rod and line.  I left around 10AM.


Evening Trip-
7:45-10PM Sunny and Calm
I got 8 jumpers and 3 toothies on Yabbie, Craw Tube, and the KVD Dawg.  Willard was there and Peter got a dogfish.  The Mosquito's were terrible.  Got a pair of 16" jumpers. Everything was caught on the S side.


No comments: