Monday, May 12, 2014

Cool Sometime Drizzely Morning at the GOMH

1st Unblogged from yesterday:

I actually was out last night at the GOMH for a couple of hours from 9:30 to 11:30PM.  Peter was there when I arrived.  He had a couple of goldens in the bucket and had gotten a couple others earlier in the day.  He said he saw some people get their limits, quite a few toothies and some jumpers were being caught as well.  He left shortly after I arrived.  There was a guy fishing with leeches on the SE side who sometimes was casting something on a 2nd line which I couldn't tell what it was because it was dark out. There was a guy and his girlfriend fishing bullheads on the North side.  After the guy on the SE left I went over there.  I stopped throwing swimbaits and started throwing jerkbaits with one hit that didn't hook up.  Lantern Man showed up and got a jumper on a crankbait.  It started raining, so I left. 

Ok, now to today:
Fished from 5:40 to around 9:40AM
Conditions: Cloudy with drizzle early and when I left.  Windy out of the N NE  temps just below 50 degrees

When I arrived no one was there, it was fairly light out.  I decided to hit the NE side because it had the wind blowing in on it.  I got one jumpin' bullhead on a Powerbait Ripple Shad.  I had enough of the wind after about 20 minutes and went to the SE side.  There I got a couple of jumpin bullheads on Pure Poison's and a Grass Pig.  A guy came and went on the SW side without getting a single bullhead.  I switched to the SW side.  Another guy came and joined me on the SW side and I had a small flurry of jumpers on the Poison including this 18.25" slobber.
The guy got a few silver bullheads, but most of them were small.  I got a couple of toothy bullheads on a firetiger Ripple Shad until it got bit off.  Here is the bigger one.
25.5" or so
The guy left and I got one more toother on a green pearl Ripple Shad.  I got a couple more jumpers on the Poison and on a Grass Pig as well.  It started drizzling.  I went back to the NE side hoping maybe a golden or two would be there in the wind, but a school of freshly arrived jumpers moved in.  Almost all of the jumpers I caught this morning were really pale fish.  After about 20 minutes in the wind and drizzle I had enough and left.

No comments: