Friday, May 23, 2014

Last Nights Trip to the GOMH

17"
8:00-10:30PM
Conditions- 70°F clear and calm

When I arrived the SE side was clear of boats and open for me to fish on the grass so I took it.  I started out throwing the D & M Baits Piranha and I got a couple of jumpin bullheads on that and missed a toothy or dogfish.  I got the 17" on the .75oz Red Eye Shad I got the pike on this morning.  A family started fishing to the E of me with this little girl who got super excited while catching sunfish.  I got on small jumper on an Aruku Shad and then a boat moved in over where I was throwing.  I was chucking the baits way out there.  I went to the North side where a boat with a couple of kids was just anchoring in the channel close to the bridge.  I tried fishing a Stanley Phantom but nothing wanted topwater.  At probably 9:15 or so I went back to the SE side.  The guy that had moved into my casting area had now moved in closer to the bridge and was throwing Rapala's in.  I had gotten my light Grass Pig rod and I was getting bites but missing just about everything. Finally I sharpened my hook.  I got a few jumpin bullheads.  The boat on the North side left so I went there around 9:50pm. Didn't get anything.  The guy who was the last boat left the South side left around 10:15pm.  I went back to the SE side got a couple more jumpin bullheads and left at 10:30.

No comments: