Monday, October 24, 2016

The Struggle Was Real Today

A loon out in no man's land

The sun dropped and so did the temp
2:30-6:45PM  Loon Sex Bay, N side of Don's Bay
Conditions: 55-42 degrees, Mostly Sunny, Calm or very light NE wind, Water temp 51-49 degrees

I thought with the sunny calm weather the fish would be slammin'.  I don't know what happened, but they weren't.  I started out on a dock about 150 yards from Don's.  I worked around the point and got a fish in front of the boat house in Loon Sex Bay on the Pure Poison.
14.25" Poison w/Craw Fatty b/b
  Over at Loon Sex Point.  I had a couple of swirls on the Horny Toad and I missed a fish on the Hack Jig.  At 4:30 I headed to the juice.  I got a pike pretty quickly on the Bubble Walker.  Then I got two bass on consecutive casts on the Bubble Walker.
15" R2S Bubble Walker white
I got a dink about 5 casts later.  Stuff was occasionally getting busted, but it was totally random; To the West, to the East, in shallow, way out on the flat.  I tried chasing the fish way out on the flat.  That's
 when I got the picture with the loon.  I got one last pike on the Bubble Walker as I made my way back to the juice.  It got cold fast, thank goodness there was no wind.  

No comments: