Saturday, October 22, 2016

Beautiful Evening, Fishing OK

17.75" Fleet Farm Spinnerbait w/Swim Fluke Jr.
3:30-7:30PM Out Front, West of Public Access, N side of Don's Bay
Conditions: 65-58 degrees, Mostly Sunny, Calm, Light E wind, Calm  Water Temp 53-51

And absolutely perfect night to be out on the lake fishing.  I started out in front because there was panfish activity.  I got a bass tossing the Horny Toad back towards the tree.
14" Horny Toad brown
I had something swirl on the Toad casting out and got nothing on West Point.  I went across the way to fish the docks, but there was somebody on "The Dock".  So I only fished the one and then headed to the Big West Bay.  I went to a weed flat that has been good to me in the Fall.  I worked my way into a dock with a boat lift.  Something got hit off the end of the Reeds on my left (East).  To the East of the dock I got a pike on the Horny Toad. I worked my way between the two reed beds the back towards where I saw the fish get hit.  On a cast in to the reeds with the Fleet Farm Spinnerbait I got the 17.5" incher.  I then worked my way back towards the dock heading West this time.  I had a couple fish not get the Horny Toad and I caught 11.5 bass towards the start of the slop.  It was now 5PM and Duck Hunters had taken up residence in the maidencaine across from the Access, so I headed to the North side of Don's Bay.

It got calm just as I arrived.  I had a fish hit the Bubble Walker and not get it over by the single reed I got the big pike on Monday. I think I missed the next hit as well.  I got my first Bubble Walker fish of the night casting out.

15.9" Bubble Walker
As I was working my way East a guy came out and started casting from shore.  He got hit distracting me when a fish hit the BW.  He told his wife it was huge. That told me something I should have already known.  The fish might be holding in a foot of water. Stuff started showing up all over the weed flat.  Lots of gun shots.  Had a few geese fly bye and a few ducks. I think I had another fish or two not get the Bubble Walker.  The Horny Toad didn't get a hit.  I took a picture of the beautiful sky.
Taken a few minutes before the second water/sky picture
Shortly after taking the second water water/sky picture, which is the one underneath the boat picture towards the top of this blog.  I caught my last fish of the night on the night on the Bubble Walker.
16.75" Bubble Walker
I should have taken a picture of the golden sky, but for some reason couldn't put down the rod.

I did try the GOMH and didn't get a hit.  My standing rock on the NE side is now completely out of the water, but hasn't dried out enough yet to stand on.


No comments: