Thursday, October 13, 2016

Hat Tip to Chip Leer and thatoneguy at HSO

17.25" pump/red Hack JIg w/Crazy Legs Chigger Craw breen
4:00-6:50PM Trophy at Beaver Point, West Point, and the Reeds across the way
Conditions: 50 degrees, Mostly Sunny, Windy SSE, water falling, cooling and clearing not much activity shallow.

I started out shallow heading East.  I got one small pike on the other side of Beaver Point on the Horny Toad.  That was the only hit I got on the Toad.  There wasn't much activity in shallow.  I then went over to West point and got a small pike on a green pumpkin craw tube.

Next I decided to follow a tip from Chip Leer at Angling Buzz and thatoneguy at HSO and go to the reeds with wind blowing in on them.  I very quickly caught the two bass in the pictures on a Hack Attack Jig with Crazy Legs Chigger Craw trailer.
17.5" Hack Jig w/Chigger Craw
I missed two more hits.  The last one I missed took the Chigger Craw.  I was getting cold so I headed back in a little earlier than usual.

No comments: