Monday, October 03, 2016

Good Morning On Platte Lake, Just No Giants

16.5" Herb's Dilly
7:15-11:50AM Dock, East side of our bay, South side of our bay
Conditions: 71-50 degrees, Mostly Sunny, Light to Heavy wind ENE ESE

The morning started out well with two bass off the dock with the Herb's Dilly.  1st I got a dink, then the "ole one eye" grabbed the Dilly just before I was going to lift it out of the water.  I also missed a hit.

I took the Trophy to West Point first and didn't get a hit.  I motored over to the East side of the bay.  As I was slowly approaching the dock I was gonna fish first I had what I think was a good bass on the Fleet Farm Spinnerbait, but it got off.  I then had multiple pike hit the Spinnerbait and landed two of them.  The dock's were dead, but there was some activity in the water.  Eventually I made my way to the South shore.  I had a fish miss the Horny Toad in the pads with a weed clump in front of Jenny's neighbor to the East.  I cast back with the Blue Bruiser Craw Tube and landed a 14" bass.  That was the only fish I got on the craw tube;  I did end up missing a couple of bites on the craw tube as well.

I got to Jenny's neighbor to the West and got into a pod of fish that wanted the Horny Toad. Some excellent topwater hits.  I got 6 bass on the Horny Toad and 4 Pike.  They were mostly small fish, but I did get this 17 incher as I made my way to Beaver Point.
17" Horny Toad white
Beaver Point Dock is no longer in the water.  It got really breezy at 11AM. I made it back to West Point and came up empty there again.  I motored back.  The water has really cleared up, about 4 feet of visibilty.

No comments: