Sunday, October 16, 2016

Good Day In The Trophy Across the Way

19" Craw Tube grn pumpkin
3:00-7:45PM Trophy Reeds and Shoreline across the way.
Conditions: 64-62 degrees, Cloudy to Mostly Cloudy, ESE Windy, Water Temp 52 degrees
I actually brought the Garmin today
I didn't get a hit off the dock and the wind was out of the East enough there really wasn't and protection from it.  I went to West Point and I think I missed a couple of hits on the Craw Tube.

I went across the way to where the wind was blowing into the reeds.  I got my first bass of the day on the blue/black Terminator with Craw Fatty trailer.  It was a chunk.
18" Terminator JIg w/Craw Fatty b/b
I then got into protected water and had a fish miss the Horny Toad on a dock.  I sent in the Craw Tube and got a 16.75"
16.75" Craw Tube grn pumpkin
 I then got a bass with no upper lip off the same dock.
15.5" Craw Tube
I was working my way down to the next dock when I had a pike strike at the Herb's Dilly a couple of times.  I was coming to large opening in the reeds down by the only other dock on that shoreline.  I got 3 bass (16, 15, 14.75) on the back corner and missed a couple bites as well on the Terminator Jig.  I then went across the opening to the northern most reed bed's back corner and got this pike and 14.5" bass there on the Terminator.
25.5" Terminator Jig
 I got 12" bass off the dock.  I then fished my way back to the first dock and got the 19 incher there.

I was coming to the end of the rocks along the shoreline when I had a fish hit the Horny Toad, but not hook up.  I reeled it about 10 more feet and either the same fish or another one jumped it and hooked up.
16" Horny Toad brown
I then got a nasty overrun on the Tatula CT.  I had accidently put the breaks at zero.  Getting the backlash out that was way deep in the spool probably took me 15 minutes to get out.  I got another 16" bass on the Horny Toad as I got into the wind on the shore bulrush area.  That was my last bite of the night
16" Horny Toad
I made the run to the remaining docks on the East shoreline of our bay getting nothing.
Looking West

No comments: