Wednesday, October 26, 2016

A Camera, A Jacket, And Some Fish Slime

16.25" Poison w/Fatty
5:00-6:35PM Trophy West Point, Rock, Bulldog, GOMH NE
Conditions: 41 degrees, Cloudy, some light drzzle, Light E Wind turning Calm, 45 degree water temp at the Lake Place.

So today I got 3 packages in the mail from auctions I won on Ebay:  A new Tatula CT 8:1 Reel, Another Canon Powershot A70 Camera, and a Clam Ice Armor Winter Jacket.  I needed a new winter jacket because the zipper on the red Arctic Armor Jacket Mike Thompson gave me was toast.  For some reason I thought Arctic Armor got bought out by Clam, but I was mistaken on that.  I got the camera because it went dirt cheap and while the A70's take good pictures, they tend to malfunction after a while.   It came with a surprise 128MB Card that wasn't in the Ebay description.  I have plenty of the compatible Flash Cards, but having another one doesn't hurt.  The reel will get spooled up tomorrow and go on the Zillion Swimbait Rod I've been using for pitching jigs on lately.

I had to pump water out of the Trophy from the rain we got today and last night.  After that was done I took the Trophy out for a brief trip to West Point and back.  I got the 16 incher there.  I also missed an even bigger fish on the Terminator Jig w/Chigger Craw (breen).
I then went to Rock to discover the Rock Dock was out of the water.  Didn't catch anything there or at Bulldog.

I went to the GOMH and slipped on to my back on the rocks which were surprisingly slippery.  That was graceful, Not!  I did manage to catch two toothy bullheads (22,17) on a French Pearl STX.

No comments: