Tuesday, October 11, 2016

I Converted My Bites Tonight

Calm while I loaded the boat


18.5" Horny Toad brown lami
3:30-7:00PM GOMH SW Dock to E of Jenny's and NW Corner of Platte in the Trophy
Conditions: 61-50 degrees, Cloudy some fog/drizzle, Calm to Light SSW WSW wind

I should have gotten out earlier today then I did as conditions were so good.

I stopped at the GOMH first and got a 19" toothy on the b/b Piranha on the SW side.

I then headed to the Lake Place and got a 19" pike on the Gray Ghost Toad.

I took the Trophy out and started out by heading East.  I got a 23.75" pike over by Jenny's W neighbors on a brown Horny Toad.  I got this 15" bass in an open area on the brown Toad to the E of Jenny's.
15" Horny Toad
   I got an 18" pike before I got to the end of the slop.  It started drizzling.  I headed to West Point and a missed a hit on the craw tube when I couldn't catch up with the fish to get a good hookset (probably a pike).

I then drove to the NW corner of the lake and got to the inside of the reed line. I got a 17" pike first on the Horny Toad.  Then I got this bass that really wanted the Toad.
15.5" Horny Toad
I got over by a patch of bullrushes and got this 24.25' pike.
24.25" Horny Toad
I then worked my way to the juice.  I had a fish wake at the Toad, but not hit. I threw back the Pad Crasher and it hit that.  I didn't realize the fish got it at first.  I did get a reasonably good hookset.  I think it was a dogfish.  It tail walked and got off.  I got 18 incher on my last cast.

On the way back the GPS read 23.3 MPH in perfect running conditions.

No comments: