Thursday, October 06, 2016

Long Day On the Water

32" Horny Toad Gray Ghost

7:30AM-4:30PM GOMH NE SW Trophy at the Lake Place our bay
Conditions: 52-39 degrees, Mostly Sunny to Cloudy back and forth, Wind Light to med. out of the WNW WSW
11.25" Tomato Jerk Shad
I got two small bullheads on the Tomato pretty quickly from under the tube.  Then I watched a quality fish inhale it from out.
17" Tomato Jerk Shad
I then got 15.33 under the bridge along the near wall on a Parrot X-Rap.  That was it for the NE side.

I got a 17.75" on the black/blue Piranha with Chigger Craw and a 17.5" on the Terminator Jig with Crazy Leg Chigger Craw on the SW side.
17.75" Piranha

17.5" Terminator Jig
I also got a 19" toothy on the Terminator on the SW side.

I then went to the Lake Place and got out in the Trophy.  I got a couple of dink bass on West Point on the Tomato and this 17"er.
17" Tomato Jerk Shad
 I then fished to East getting a small pike on the Fleet Farm Spinnerbait.  I got past Beaver POint then moved in close to shore and started fishing the brown Horny Toad.  I got one 21" pike on that and then my knot came loose and I sent the Toad across the lake. Wasn't to happy about that.  As I made my way to West Point again.  I missed a couple of good hits on the Grey Ghost Horny Toad and caught a couple of small pike on it as well.  I still felt like fishing, so I went over to the NOrth side of the bay.  It was pretty much dead there;  I did get a small pike or two on the Fleet Farm Spinnerbait.

I moved back to the South Shore To the Start of the slop East of Jenny's.  I got in to a pod of fish, but was missing them for the most part.  I didn't miss the Gator.
32" Gray Ghost
  I got 3 more pike on the Ghost including a 23.5" and a couple under 12" bass as I made my way back to West Point for the 3rd time.  I got this 16" on West Point on the Tomato a little after 4PM.
16" Tomato Jerk Shad
I decided to call it quits at that point.

No comments: