Friday, October 14, 2016

Better To Be Lucky Than Good

19" Hack Jig w/Crazy Legs Chigger Craw breen
3:30-8:30PM GOMH NE SW, Jenny's Reeds,  Reeds across the way
Conditions: 62-54 degrees, Mostly Sunny, Very Windy SSE

I went to the GOMH first and got a small toothy on the Tomato Jerk Shad.  The Pontoon was back at it's dock.

I went out to Jenny's Reeds first and got a couple bass (14.25, 13.75) and a pike (17) on the Hack Attack Jig.  I also missed one bite.  After 5PM I headed to the reeds across the way.  I dropped the first bite getting hung up in the reeds.  I was fishing the inside reed line coming to a back corner when I had 15 or so inch bass hook up and get off.  I immediately pitched the jig where I had just lost the fish and the 19" jumped on it.  Had I caught the 15" I probably wouldn't have gotten the 19" fish.  Better to be lucky than good sometimes.
19"
I lost another fish on a long pitch and got my last bass (13") in the maidencaine patch.  I was getting chilled and was at the North End of the reeds, so I headed in while it was still fairly light out.

By the time I got to the GOMH it was dark.  I think I had a hit on the Grass Pig on the NE side that pulled the Grass Pig down the hook.  Didn't get a bite on the Jerk Shad.  I went to the SW side and had the Grass Pig get bit off while vertical jigging off of the bridge.  I went and tied another one on and went back to vertical jigging and got myself a golden bullhead.  Jan's going to be happy.
19.5" Grass Jig
  

No comments: