Saturday, October 15, 2016

Slow Day, But I Got A Couple of Good One's

18.5" Terminator Jig w/Craw Fatty

1:30-8:00PM Jenny's, Reeds across the way, NW Corner
Conditions: 64-58 degrees, Cloudy to Mostly Sunny, Light SW WNW Calm

I decided to stop at Jenny's just to see if the fish might tell me something.  They did.  A fish spooked and I caught a dink on the Horny Toad. I got the Trophy loaded up then fished off the dock.  I had a couple bites on the Horny Toad in about 2 feet of water to the North.  Something got annihilated out front of two docks down to the West.  Stupidly I never did go see if I could catch that fish.  I took the Trophy East to the end of the slop East of Jenny's.  I had a couple of wimpy strikes.

I then headed to the reeds across the way.  I got a 10.5" bass pretty quickly on the Hack Attack JIg with Chigger Craw trailer.  Since it was cloudy out I switched up to the blue/black Terminator Jig with the Craw Fatty on it.  I put that jig on the 7'4" Zillion Heavy Swimbait Rod.  I felt a fish pick up the jig on a long pitch and I set the hook into 18.5".  It battled me in the reeds and fortunately didn't come off.  I snagged a pike that missed getting the b/b jig.  The sun came out about 3:30 PM so I switched to the Hack Attack Jig.  I got a pike on that fishing the inside reed line.  I missed a fish on a point of thicker reeds with the wind blowing on it.

At 5PM I decided to try Loon Sex Point.  That move was a mistake as the sun was in my eyes.  I did miss a couple bites on the spinnerbait fishing out.  At 5:45 I headed to the NW corner.  It was totally calm up there.

I had what I assume was a little pike strike at the Horny Toad right away a couple of times, but not hook up.  Something got nailed by the small bulrush patch. I got snagged and broke the line about 4 feet up from the Horny Toad.  I quickly made my way into the bulrushes and recovered my Toad.  My Tyger Leader was to short to use, so I just tied direct.  I had a fish wake out in an opening in the hay and caught it.
16.5" Horny Toad brown
That was my last bite of the evening. Jerome got in my face a few times.  Full moon was up before I headed in.  Should have taken a picture of it.
Looking East
I did go to the GOMH.  That same guy as last year from Milaca was out there fishing with his wife and kid.  They had only got one small sunfish.  I didn't get a hit.  

No comments: