Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Morning And Evening Trips to the GOMH




4:50-6:30AM
Conditions: Hazy sun, very light wind, temps mid 50's

I arrived at the skeeters were out, the golden bullheads weren't.  Eventually I put on a KVD Sexy Dawg and on my first cast right after it landed a bullhead hit it, but didn't hook up.  I went over to the SW side and had a bullhead hit and miss a Berkley Frenzy Popper.  I then got a 13" jumpin' bullhead on a bluegill color Pure Poison and I missed a couple of hits on it too.  The Grass Pig Jr. trailer got bit off.

I went back to the NE side just as the Sun was coming up.  I got this 12" jumper.
12" Spro Frog
 The way it hit I thought I had a 16 incher on, not a peanut.  I also caught a small toothy on the Spro.    That was it for the morning.   I noticed that I had lost a screw out of my Tatula's side plate and it was getting loose.  So when I got home I tightened it up and took a screw from a Fuego I'm not using that needs serviced.

Evening Trip:
8:00-9:35PM
Conditions: Hazy Sun and clouds, temp in the 70's, No wind

Willard and the black lady were fishing on the N side of the bridge and Matt W and some guys were fishing on the S side when I arrived.  I started on the SE side and BAM! First cast.
15.5" Horny Toad
I saw the fish wake 4 feet and nail it.  After trying the SW side slop and talking with Willard at the bridge I headed down into the weeds on the NE side.  I tried fishing the Horny Toad, but I couldn't get enough distance.  I had fish boil on the Spro and not get it.  Then I had a fish boil on it and get hooked only to come off as I got it into the thicker rice, same as last night.  I had what I assume was a toothy swing and miss the
Spro.  About half way to the channel I had a jumper suck the Spro down.
17+" Spro Frog
It was a good one.  That was the last surface hit.  I got a small toothy under the bridge on a Sexy Shad Ultimate Jerk Shad.  Peter and his brother were fishing bullheads when I left.

No comments: