Saturday, June 27, 2015

Yet Another Good Night Frogging At the GOMH

Pig 17.?? Spro Frog (Hope she survives)
7:00-9:40PM
Conditions: Temps in the low 70's, moderate wind out of the SSW, mostly cloudy

The black lady was fishing off the bridge when I arrived.  She had only got a couple of oranges.  I started on the SW side, but didn't have a bite on the S side.  By 7:30 I was on the NE side in the weeds.  My first hit was a toothy that didn't hook up at about 7:45.  Next bite was this fish about 5 minutes later.
?15" Spro Frog
My next two fish were smaller.   The one I estimated at no bigger than 14" I gave to Nice Old Man Farmer George.  I also lost a good one in between the two smaller fish. I talked to George for a little while, then went back to fishing.

I was now back to fishing water I had already covered earlier without a bite.   That is when the bleeding fish jumped on the Spro.  It was hooked in the tongue.  I didn't realize it was bleeding like that until after I took the picture.  I threw it back immediately hoping getting it back in the water would stop the bleeding.  I really really hope that fish makes it, because obviously it was a tank.

I quickly got two more 16" class fish.
16.?? Spro Frog
I missed my last 4 bites or so.  The last one I missed because I was putting my hood up when it hit and I didn't get a good hookset.  It felt like a good fish.

I caught 6, missed about 5 or so and had a few that didn't get the frog at all.

No comments: