Sunday, June 28, 2015

Slower Night At the GOMH

15.??" Spro Frog
8:35-9:35PM
Conditions: 70's, no wind, partly cloudy

I got out a little later tonight.  People were fishing for oranges on the NE side of the bridge and George was there too.  Here is what a guy named Matt and his girlfriend caught.
I started on the SE side.  I had what I'm pretty sure was a small toothy get off about half way back.  I was fishing the NE side in the weeds by 8:45.  Peter arrived about that time.  My first bite porpoised on the frog and somehow didn't get it.  I couldn't get it to hit again.  The next bite I had was a fish that missed the frog in the thick slop.  I couldn't get this fish to hit again.  I learned my lesson on the third hit which also missed the frog on the first try.  I didn't set the hook.  The fish came back and hit it again and I felt that it had the frog when I set the hook.  Fish in the first picture.  I maybe had one more really weak bite.  I went up to talk with George and Peter on the bridge and ended up talking with Matt.  I left at about 9:45PM

No comments: