Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Good Night at the GOMH

Nice Old Man George with 17.5" on a Sexy Shad Ultimate Jerk Shad
7:30-9:45PM
Conditions: Temps in the 70's, mostly sunny, little wind

I arrived when Willard did.  I started on the SE side and I got a 16.75" jumpin' bullhead on this Spro Bronzeye Frog.
16.?? Spro Frog
I didn't get a picture of that fish because my camera went on the fritz.
I missed one other bite on the SE side.

I went to the NE side and got a 15.75" on the Spro and a 16.25" on the H20 Xpress Ultimate Jerk Shad in Sexy Shad color under the bridge.  I missed what was probably a toothy on a Fluke.  There also was a dogfish swimming around.  I went down the shoreline.  Willard had just left when I got this jumper and my camera started working again.
16.?? Spro Frog
I heard another car arrive, so I threw the fish back and walked up the hill to see who it was.  It was George.  I walked back to the bridge and talked with George.  I caught the toothy and gave it to George.  I had a good eater sized golden get off as I tried bringing it up on the rocks.  I was kind of bummed I didn't get it for him.  The mosquito's started getting bad so I called "last cast" and I got a 15.25" jumpin' bullhead.  That wasn't my last cast as I heard baitfish getting hit.  The skeeters were so bad though I only lasted another couple of casts.

Not a bad night at all.

Oh and I nearly forgot.  I had two frogs "get it on" with the Spro on the SE side.

No comments: