Friday, June 26, 2015

Filed Under: I Don't Hardly Believe It Myself

20.25" Jerk Shad 
6:00-7:30AM
Conditions: Partly Cloudy, slight wind out of the SE, temps in the low 60's.

So I went to Mille Lacs this morning to try for smallies at Eddy's Jetty.  I got there in time to catch the sunrise.

not many mayflies around this morning







I started with topwater, but that produced nothing.  I tried a Fluke, nothing.  I then put on the Jerk Shad and was fishing off the dock on the North jetty corner.  A fish took it and immediately headed to the surface.  I thought for sure it was going to be a good sized smallmouth.  I was amazed when it was instead a big largemouth.  I thought the better of trying to lift it up on the dock and took the fish to shore.  She choked it.
20.25" Crackle Color Ultimate Jerk Shad
A guy who was staying at Eddy's came buy when I was bringing it to shore and took a picture for me.
Un-cropped 
That was the only bite I got.  I did have a perch following the Jerk Shad on one cast.

No comments: