Thursday, June 04, 2015

Right Bait And the Gold Rush Was AWWWWWWN!!!

18" H2O XPress Ultimate Jerk Shad color Crackle wht/chart
5:05-8:00AM GOMH/PRC
8:10-8:45AM Bulldog Lake
Conditions- Overcast with some light fog, wind almost none, temps in the mid 50's

When I arrived there was a guy fishing on the SW side.  Of coarse, I went to my spot on the SW side and started throwing the Grass Pig,  nothing.  I threw the Short Wart and RC cranks, nothing.  I then put on the Crackle Jerk Shad and it was bam, bam, bam.
19" same fish as first picture
18"
18.25"
They wanted that suspending jerk bait on the pause.  Then I cast it under the bridge again and it came off the speed clip.  I quickly grabbed my Mojo Rod with the Pure Poison on it and waited for it to come out the other side. Fortunately the current wasn't moving very fast and I was able to snag it when it came out.  The other guy commented on how lucky I was when I told him I had three golden bullheads.  I went back and caught 1 more.
18.5"
That was it for golden's, they all went home to be cleaned.  I then put on this Jerk Shad.
Color: Chartreuse Shad
I caught a couple jumpin bullheads and a toothy on it.
15.25" Jerk Shad
21.5" Jerk Shad
The other jumper was same one I caught on the Strike King Pure Poison twice this week.  Even though conditions were perfect I couldn't get a topwater hit, but one in the rice and pads that missed the Lunkerhunt Frog.  I got a chunky 16.5" on the Grass Pig on a weighted swimbait hook.
16.5" Grass Pig green pumpkin
At 7:30AM I went to the Platte River Culvert and caught a bass with 1 red eye on a Zoom Horny Toad.
13" Zoom Horny Toad
 I assume it is blind in that eye.

I didn't get anything at Bulldog Lake.  I went to Rock Lake, but somebody was fishing off the dock.  I called it quits at that point as my feet were soaked from the dew in the grass on the NE side of the GOMH.

No comments: