Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Got the Skunk Out at Mille Lacs! Good Night at the GOMH Too!

17" Mad Maxx Frog
3:30-5:15PM Mille Lacs
7:30-9:15PM GOMH

Conditions at Mille Lacs: Sunny turning mostly overcast, temps in the mid 70's, Wind out of the ENE, water was not very clear due to wave action

I had to get medications for my mom today.  That meant a trip to Reeds and Mille Lacs Lake.  I forgot my camera, so I didn't get a pic of either smallie I caught (10" and 17").  I got the 10" off the center jetty on a Red Eye Shad.  I then went to the dock off the North jetty corner.  I made a cast along the shoreline side of the dock with the Red Eye Shad and a good fish hit it and went under the dock.  I had it on for a good 30 seconds, but it got off.  Probably a smallie, but I don't know for sure because I didn't see it.  A guy came out and told me he saw a lot of smallies here yesterday.  I got a 17" on the Ultimate Jerk Shad.  I might have had a couple of bumps that didn't hook up.

Conditions at the GOMH: Mostly overcast, turning dead calm, temps in the mid 60's

Peter was there with a friend getting a couple silver bullheads and a couple of oranges.  I started on the SE side and had something boil at the Spro Poppin' Frog in the Channel.  Willard showed up and Peter left.  I went to the SW side and threw the Fluke.  I immediately got bit off.  I put on the Z-Man Chatterstick and caught a small toothy.
   Willard didn't have anything to put it in so I threw it back.   A couple of casts later I got a little nicer one and we found a bag and kept it.  I then caught a small 12" jumpin bullhead that I gave to Willard.  I had another jumper hit the Z-Man, but Willard was sure it was a toothy.  I had a 14" jumper follow then nip at the bait and not get hooked.  That was it for the Z-Man.  I threw the Spro Poppin Frog and missed a hit.  It got it the second time.
13.5" Spro Poppin Frog
I gave it to Willard and one more I got on the Spro.  We moved to the NE side trying to get another toothy, but that didn't happen.  Willard left.  I started throwing the Mad Max with kind of a copper colored bottom.  I forget the name of it.  I got a 15" that was pretty beat up.  I walked down the shoreline to the East and I had a fish make little effort to get Maxx twice.  Third time a 16" fish clocked it.
16?? Mad Maxx
I can't remember if I got one or two more in that 15-16" size besides the 17 incher.  The 17" was the last fish of the night because of the skeeters.

No comments: